Monday, April 28, 2014

Favorite Book Covers: XVI vs X Isle


As authors, we spend a lot of time pondering book covers. Admiring other authors' covers, dreaming about our own covers, designing our own covers ... So we thought it would be fun to spend the month of April and the A to Z Blogging Challenge looking at book covers and choosing our favorites.

Only three days away from the end of the challenge, and here comes (arguably) the most difficult letter of the alphabet ;-)

I find both these covers enticing, and I like them each for different reasons. I love how the title has been done on XVI, the way we're looking through it at the slightly out of focus character. On the other hand, I'm not too find of the title treatment used in X Isle, but I LOVE the cover art! Without having to read the tagline, I can already put together pieces of the story from that beautiful piece of art. And I want to know more. So ... my favorite of the two is X Isle.



Which is your favorite book cover and why?


xx Rachel

- - - - - - - - -

If you want to keep up with all the Dauntless Authors' news, subscribe to our email newsletter!
You can also chat with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

5 comments:

Michelle Green said...

These covers both have great tag lines that would make me want to read them! But if I have to choose, I like XVI because it seems more mysterious.

Michelle @ In Media Res

Vicki said...

My favorite cover is definitely Xisle, because I love anything to do with the water or boats!

Michelle Kelly said...

I think if I had both covers in my hand and only enough to buy one book, I'd go for the XIsle. It looks like a complete story to me right on the cover. Great graphics.

Cheers, Michelle

Birgit said...

I like XVI as it seems compelling to know this character of the girl more. She seems like she is strong but also a victim. I want to know more.

Trisha F said...

Ohhh, loving your theme here. Will have to look back through your other posts.

I hadn't heard of X Isle. But you're right, the cover makes me want to read it all on its own! :)

Newest Releases