Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Favorite Book Covers: Scarlet vs Shatter Me


As authors, we spend a lot of time pondering book covers. Admiring other authors' covers, dreaming about our own covers, designing our own covers ... So we thought it would be fun to spend the month of April and the A to Z Blogging Challenge looking at book covers and choosing our favorites.

Hi everyone! Amber Argyle here. My letter is "S" so of course I had to chose two of my favorites, Scarlet by Meyer and Shatter Me by Mafi. I LOVE Scarlet for the simple title, the font is absolutely stunning. The colors are so rich and vibrant, with enough hints to snag my interest without being inundated with too much.

Shatter me is very different. It has lots of details, but those details are subtle enough that you have to search them out. And if you've read the book, you can see the how all the little details tie into the story, which I love.

Also, I loved both books (you have to be just as pretty on the inside as the outside in order to draw me in).

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)


Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Which is your favorite book cover and why?





If you want to keep up with all the Dauntless Authors' news, subscribe to our email newsletter!


You can also chat with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

4 comments:

Bradley Charbonneau said...

I love the one with the trees and roots and waterfall coming out of the eye! Beautiful but not freaky/scary.

Visiting via A to Z from Pass the Sour Cream. Co-Author (with my sons) of The Secret of Kite Hill.

Andrea said...

Wow those are really cool. I like the eye one...so unique!

Birgit said...

The eye with the branches coming from the lashes so inventive and makes me want to open the book and read more

Liz A. said...

I think I like the Scarlet one. The other is just kind of creepy...

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

Newest Releases