Thursday, April 3, 2014

Favorite Book Covers: Cinder vs. Fair Catch


As authors, we spend a lot of time pondering book covers. Admiring other authors' covers, dreaming about our own covers, designing our own covers ... So we thought it would be fun to spend the month of April and the A to Z Blogging Challenge looking at book covers and choosing our favorites.

Shoes. We all love shoes. I love the red in both of these, they totally make the covers pop. It's interesting how the font of the covers really make you get a feel for the genre. Two very different pictures made up of a lot of the same elements crafted to catch the eye.



Which is your favorite book cover and why?


If you want to keep up with all the Dauntless Authors' news, subscribe to our email newsletter!
You can also chat with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

3 comments:

Romi C said...

I'd prefer "Fair Catch," because I find the combination of the red shoes and the ball more interesting. I have never heard of either of the two books, and judging from covers alone, I would choose to read "Fair Catch."

Book covers play a very important role in promoting and marketing books, don't they? You have a great theme for the A to Z Challenge.

Rachel Morgan said...

Fair Catch is certainly a fun cover :-) But I love that font used on Cinder. Based on covers alone, Cinder looks like paranormal, and Fair Catch looks like contemporary romance. So ... as a paranormal fan, I'd go with Cinder :-)

writerszenblog said...

While Cinder's cover is definitely more intriguing, and Fair Catch appears to be more romance -which I don't read - I still have to go with Fair Catch as my favorite.

They're both red heels & the contrast works well with both, but the clincher for me is that the shoes on Fair Catch are a awesome & Cinder's are ordinary.
Trisha Faye

Newest Releases