Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Favorite Book Covers: Apollyon vs Awakening


As authors, we spend a lot of time pondering book covers. Admiring other authors' covers, dreaming about our own covers, designing our own covers ... So we thought it would be fun to spend the month of April and the A to Z Blogging Challenge looking at book covers and choosing our favorites.

We're kicking off the challenge with two beautifully fantastical covers. One that burns with brilliant heat, and the other that whispers of winter beauty. I've admired both these covers for some time. In fact, I like ALL the book covers in BOTH these series. But if someone held these two books in front of me and said, "Choose one now! Go!" I think I'd reach for Apollyon (which may or may not have something to do with winter creeping closer in my part of the world and me wanting to feel warm!).



Which is your favorite book cover and why?

- - - - - - - - -

If you want to keep up with all the Dauntless Authors' news, subscribe to our email newsletter!
You can also chat with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.


xx Rachel

16 comments:

michelleddiane said...

I love both covers but Apollyon seems to jump out at me more.

Michelle Green said...

Hi Rachel! I'm loving the Apollyon cover! It shares the whimsical, fiery, glowing look with your blog title. Awesome!

Thanks for checking out my blog earlier. I"m following here now. Can't wait to see tomorrows! :)

Michelle

Jessica Bell said...

They are both beautiful, but if I had to choose I'd go with the first, too. :-)

caringforaveteran said...

I....I....I just can't pick! They are both beautiful and I think it would depend on my mood. :)

Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
My A to Z
Caring for My Veteran

Rachel Morgan said...

Looks like APOLLYON is winning so far! But LadyJai is right that it might depend on mood ;-)

Christine Rains said...

Two gorgeous covers. Fire vs Ice! The first one does jump out more because of the color, but the second is more haunting and lends to me thinking about the story.

sydneyaaliyah.com said...

I love the Apollyon cover. So different and bright.

Charity Bradford said...

Wow, both are different. The Apollyon cover just pulls you in. How can you ignore the vibrancy?

Stephanie Faris said...

Okay, I'm going to say my own book cover is my favorite, but everyone will say that. Of the ones in this blog, I like Awakening. How beautiful! Can't wait to see more. You're just a few positions below me in the A to Z challenge, so I'll be back to read more!

Christy said...

I like the Awakening cover, because it has a person on it, and that always draws me in.

Lynda R Young said...

I like both, but I'd pick Awakening, even though it probably wouldn't stand out on a page full of other books. It's got a nice feel to it, I like the person and instantly there seems to be a story there (if that makes sense)

The Wicked Writer said...

both are beautiful, but as my toses is coldess, I'm going for the fiery one...well done on your first A to Z post of 2014.

Erica Gore said...

I like Awakening because of the inclusion of the person. I also prefer the colours on it.

Beth Camp said...

That clear and ethereal cover for AWAKENING keeps pulling my eye away from the fire. Technically, I like the subtlety of the image, the font that hooks to the genre (as does the image), and the slightly larger (and more readable) author's name. Fun theme for the month!

http://bethandwriting.blogspot.com

Vikki Thompson said...

Great A post :)

Is this your theme (if it is, what a great idea!), or are you going to do something different every day?

Good luck with the rest of the challenge! x

Rachel Morgan said...

Thanks for voting on our A covers, everyone!
Vikki, yes, this is our theme. We'll be looking at book covers every day :-)

Newest Releases