Monday, April 21, 2014

A to Z Blogging Challenge: R-titled Book Covers!


I'm super-excited to be on the Dauntless blog today! It's my first time posting, as I'm new to the group, and I can't wait to share with you some book covers that I absolutely adore.

 I'll admit that I spend a lot of time looking at book covers. Online, in the store, it doesn't matter. There's something magical about books! So in keeping with the theme here at Dauntless during the A to Z Blogging Challenge, I'm going to be examining some R-titled book covers.

Here we go!

I absolutely love RUBY RED, a YA book featuring time travel. I hadn't seen this second cover, the girl in the red dress, and personally, I like the first cover better. There's just SO MANY girls in dresses these days, don't you think? 

I don't know what it is about the color red on R-titled books! Ha! This is the conclusion to the MATCHED trilogy (YA dystopian romance), so I like how the globe has been broken. But look! Another girl in a red dress! What do you think about this one?

Okay, it has now become my mission to find an R-titled book that doesn't have red on the cover! But at least there's no dress on this YA fantasy cover from Leigh Bardugo. This book isn't even out yet, but it's the third in the Grisha Trilogy, and I can't wait to read it come June!


Which is your favorite book cover and why?

- - - - - - - - -

If you want to keep up with all the Dauntless Authors' news, subscribe to our email newsletter!
You can also chat with us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.


2 comments:

Birgit said...

The 1st book cover of Ruby Red seems more inviting and classic. I like the 2nd book with the winged bird and the Islamic castle-seems so Arabian Nights

Su-sieee! Mac said...

None of these covers appeal to me. Makes sense to me why many R books covers are red. Red light district. Red velvet. Red roses. Red garters. Would love to see one in yellow. What a surprise that would be when you start reading.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Newest Releases