Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Top Seven BEST Books for Writers

Want to improve as a writer? Then check out these awesome (not in any particular order) books:

- The Plot Whisperer: Secrets of Story Structure Any Writer Can Master
by Martha Alderson

I love this book. It has a lot of great plotting techniques. As a pantser, I found it an invaluable resource.

-Indie Author Survival Guide
by Susan Kaye Quinn

Got a question about indie publishing? Susan's book has it all.

- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
by Anne Lamott 

Before I got serious about my novels, I was a journalist. Lamott's book changed my outlook on everything writing.

- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
by Stephen King

Insightful and in-your-face - every author should read it.

- The Elements of Style
by Strunk

Writing is a right brain activity. This book is for your left brain. Memorize it.

- The Artist's Way
by Julia Cameron

The ultimate in right brain activities for the writer. Give it a try when you're having a rough writing day.

- Let's Get Visible
by David Gaughran

Book written & published? Gaughran's guide teaches you how to get noticed.

Hope you enjoy some, or all, of these books. I know each of them has helped me. Enjoy!!!!

XoXo,

Megg




No comments:

Newest Releases