Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Reading Different Genres...




Before I was a writer I was a reader. I still am. Reading is one of my favorite pastimes. The first book I remember reading that left an impact was Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume. I also loved the Hardy Boys series and the Nancy Drew series. In a small way I think these books inspired my love of writing series novels. Another book that was a great inspiration to me was The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.

I love reading all genres. I can honestly say I don't have a favorite. If there's a great story, I'm in.

Over the years I've heard hundreds of books in all different genres. I've even read some books written by this group like: Watched by Cindy Hogan, Witch Song by Amber Argyle, and The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching.





What about you? Do you like to read different genres or do you prefer to stick to one?

*****


3 comments:

Cindy M Hogan said...

Oh, my heck! The Sword of Shannara was one of the very first books that I loved, too. I read everything, but I prefer YA.

RaShelle Workman said...

YA is great, Cindy!!!

Amber L Argyle said...

I mostly stick to fantasy, but I've branched out to suspense, historical . . . as long as it has some form of romance, I'm in!

Newest Releases